Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dreaming Big

I've been wasting the day away searching for farm properties in my area. It is crazy how many suburban-y/farm-ish properties there are available near Houston. The problem is that my husband and I are not currently planning on moving. We've barely been in our house for a year, and we are pretty happy here. It would be crazy to move.
The more time I spend at the barn, the more I'd like a barn of my own. I really want to breed Morrissey. I'm still considering stallions. I don't know why, but I really think I should look into getting  a miniature donkey. (there is a breeder nearby!) Words can't even express how much I'd like to get a herd of Nubians to show and make cheese with.
I could probably manage to board all of the above, but it would be expensive and I'm not real sure if the man who owns the stables where I board would be cool with my menagerie. Another problem would be milking. It would be difficult to drive all the way to the barn, milk the goats and make it to work on time. I'd also get pretty dirty, and where would I store the milk during the day. Who would milk for me when I went on vacation? So many questions.
So much has changed since I made the leap and bought a horse. Chris and I have gone from thinking about a new sedan to considering new trucks and jeeps and stock trailers. I really have no idea how big this is all going to end up being... but I hope it involves some goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment