Monday, November 1, 2010

Horse Shoes!

Today, I took a half day off from work to get some shoes put on Morrissey. Her feet have been really tender for the past couple of weeks and she had a chip in one of her hooves. Luckily, my farrier Bruce, says everything is ok and she'll probably only need the shoes for a couple of months.

I left work at 11 and ran some work related and personal errands before arriving at the boarding stable. I was only 15 minutes late, which is something considering the appointment time changed a few times. My husband and my father were nice enough to come to the appointment with me. I think they both thought it'd be a little more like a vet visit and a little less like a pedicure.


This was the first time my husband had ever seen a hoof trimming. For me, it had been quite a
while. I had a horse when I was 15, over ten years ago. It was cool to be able to use the same farrier that I'd used with my last horse. He does a great job and has fair rates. He is good with horses. Morrissey was really well behaved. She hasn't had shoes in over 5 years, but she stood perfectly. I'd never seen shoes put on a horse so of course I took some pictures. She looks great with her new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment