Monday, March 7, 2011

Shedding Out

This is after 5 seconds of curry combing
In both my suburban life and my farmish life I spend a lot of my time dealing with fur. At home I have three pugs who shed off a basket ball sized amount of hair per week if not more. I seriously use a shop-vac to combat the weekly 'extra pug' they are so inclined to give us. At the barn, I have a woolly mammoth of a Haflinger that is now ridding herself of her winter coat, and what a coat it is. This means that I spend the majority of my time either using a lint roller, or covered in yellow and orange hair. 

Plenty of people would probably be embarrassed of this, but I don't mind. My babies are worth it! I've been spending a lot of extra time with the curry comb trying to free that sleek, shiny horse from her fuzzy prison. I bought Morrissey in October so this will be the first time I get to see her new look. I'm very excited. If only the pugs would stop shedding for the summer too!

2 comments:

  1. Morrissey is going to be gorgeous - she will undergo some sort of magic transformation. Just wait and see what the magic 'fuzz fairy' leaves behind!
    Oh, and if you haven't gotten one yet, invest in a shedding blade. They work quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get one. I never needed one with my last horse, so it wasn't on my list this time. Does it work like a curry comb?

    ReplyDelete