Friday, March 18, 2011

They Grow Up so Fast

This week has been busy busy busy. I don't know how many of you have experienced this, but having twin goats living in the bathroom means a lot of extra cleaning. I've never done more laundry in my life. I can't complain though, because I happen to own the sweetest goats that ever existed. Even my non-farmish husband is completely in love with the kids.  

I've taken them to the barn every day for the past three days. Tonight they won't be coming back. This will be their first overnight stay. I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous. I've always been quite the worrier, and this situation is no different. All week I've been modifying a former pig pen into a maximum security prison to protect my babies. The local dogs and coyotes are no match for my six foot high fences.
 

5 comments:

  1. Your picture is so cute. How could anyone not be in love with the kids!
    I hope you got some sleep last night... and didn't worry all night. But, kids will be kids and they need to be at the barn, right? Well, maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower and a fellow goat lover. Your goats and your photos are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done it, but you can diaper a goat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are precious and I am sure they did great in the barn. I bet you had a security guard sitting next to the pen :) LOL
    I don’t blame you either.
    Thanks for sharing with FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! The babies did great. They are on night three at the barn. It really is the best place for them. I've seen diapers on goats. I may try that next year. When my herd gets larger, I'm going to get an LGD to protect them. For now they have a dog carrier to hide in at night.

    ReplyDelete