Monday, January 17, 2011

What day is it???

Morrissey's mouth seems to be all healed up. I am still not sure what caused it. I'm just glad it is gone. She is such a goof. Worming her yesterday left us both covered in bright yellow worming paste. I'm just going to have to learn that I'll never leave the barn looking clean enough to go somewhere else. She has a warm cozy stall, but naturally she was standing in the rain when I showed up. A nuzzle-happy,  fuzzy Haflinger with a drenched winter coat means your shirt will end up smudged. I managed pretty well though. I was still able to head to my suburban grocery store after the barn trip, with minimal embarrassment.

My first Goat Club meeting was this weekend. Unfortunately,  I forgot what day it was and didn't go to the meeting. I feel like a fool, but when teachers aren't at work, they tend to forget what the date is... it can't be only me who has done this... right?!  I bought a bar of goat-milk soap from my local feed store and have been using it this week. The soap comes from TLC Farms, where one of my doelings is coming from. I honestly couldn't believe the difference in my skin. It feels smoother, softer and just better than it used to feel. I've only had to use lotion once since I started with the goat-milk soap. This is an abnormally cold winter for us and prior to the soap change, I was applying lotion at least two times a day. The lemon grass sent that I chose also stays on my skin for so long.  I have been converted. I can't wait until my does are in milk so I can start making soap for myself!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to go out and buy Goat Milk soap. Sounds awesome :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete