Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Music to My Ears

 a terrible snapshot of my wonderful snapshot
One of the least farmish things about me is my taste in music. I wouldn't really call it suburban either, but it sure isn't your typical farm fare.  I listen to a lot of hip-hop, and the occasional pop song, but my true love is Indie Rock. As I've said before, I try to be open minded and tolerant. One of the harder things in this world for me to tolerate is Country music. I was raised on it, but 99% of it drives me insane.
Indie Rock is open minded in itself. The range of musical types encompassed by this title is vast.
 
One of my favorite bands is The Decemberists. They are wonderful. When the deluxe box edition of their latest album The King is Dead came in the mail recently, I was excited to see how farmish the whole thing was. The music is folksy, the album art features horses and weedy fields. I love it. It is the perfect soundtrack to my life right now. One of the features included in the deluxe box edition, was a Polaroid photo taken during the making of the album. I'm not quite sure what my photo depicts, but I love it none the less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment